Wednesday I will be skipping German class to go to the Handball World Championship tournament at the Sparkasse Arena in Kiel. I cannot contain my excitement. Those of you who know me are aware that I´ve never been a serious sports spectator (though I sometimes have a weakness for minor league baseball and KU basketball), but this is going to be an awesome event. I´ve heard that Kiel has the best professional handball team in Europe, and they are expected to win this Wednesday. I was really lucky to get the tickets. My friend Anna´s host dad somehow managed to get the last three for sale, and gave them to Anna, Nanna, and myself. Amazing! I think I´m mostly excited because handball is so HUGE here in Germany - especially in Kiel. So I feel like by attending this event, somehow I´ll be taking part in something that is very important to the culture in my region. Both Paul Luis and Emma Sophie are on kids´ handball teams, and I´ve watched a few of their practices and weekend matches, but I have a feeling this will be nothing in preparation for Wednesday! I´m interested to see what the crowd energy and dynamics will be like, in comparison to American spectator sport events. It will be intense.
I promise to give a less superficial post sometime soon. But right now I just have to express my elation for handball. Send happy energies to Kiel! I fully expect them to win for me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So...how was it?
Post a Comment