Tuesday, May 19, 2009

to the sea, to the sea!

Just so you don´t worry that I´ve dropped off the planet for the next few days, I thought I´d let you know that my host family and I made the decision on a whim yesterday to go to the East Sea tomorrow. Apparently Germans "celebrate" Ascension day, and school and businesses will be closed for the next couple days, giving us a nice long weekend. Claudia´s aunt and uncle have a nice little cabin on the shore, so we´ll be making the drive tomorrow morning, splash in the water for a few days, and hopefully return by Sunday. I am thrilled about this surprise holiday! I have been kind of disappointed that I haven´t been exploring more parts of Germany, and am excited to see some new sides of the country. And that sea breeze has definitely been calling me as the weather warms...

Wish me sunshine!

1 comment:

Jon said...

I caught the Juno reference.