Sunday, January 18, 2009

- (deep breath)

...

Tomorrow I will tell my language teacher that I want to skip ahead to the next level. She asked me last week if I thought our class was too easy, and it really is. While everything is new material for me, it is SO painfully slow. However the next course has been studying completely new material for months now without me, and I will be so behind if I try to join them now! I know I will never catch up. But I don´t think catching up is what matters anymore. I don´t need to be at the top of my class anymore. I´ve had that position for months now, and it bores me. I need a challenge, and I definitely didn´t have that with Frau Kohlman in Klasse 1, as much as I adore her. So... I´m going to try. These next few weeks will quite literally feel like Hell to me. I will be lost and confused and embarrassed and stressed. But I know deep down that I need that. I know I will learn somehow, and this kind of excites me.

- (exhale)
In other news, I am content and energized this weekend. I feel good...

That feels good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good luck with the switch. I'm so amazed at you for just being there and trying. I can't imagine how hard it must be at time. Love you lots. And miss you a ton.