Today was one of those mid-winter days that gives us a glimpse of the spring to come. At first I thought it was cruel, but then decided to soak in the sunshine and enjoy it while it lasts! It was still bitterly cold, mind you, but the clear blue sky and still air made it feel so refreshing. I see days and days of rain ahead of us in the forecast now! Sigh...
Reading back over yesterdays post, I feel so silly. I can´t believe I can get myself so worked up over something as silly as busy playdate schedules. But this is my life now - day after day, and it is incredible how much it can consume a person!!
I´ll leave soon for class. Update - I´m still in the old course. Turns out we only have about a week left in this course anyway, so it is simpler to just wait and skip ahead when the class changes all happen together. It makes sense, but I´ll admit I was a bit disappointed. As terrified as I am of skipping ahead, I know I need it and am so anxious! I´m sick of just waiting around for this language to fall in my lap. I need to get out there and work for it. But I´ve waited 5 months, I can wait another couple weeks...
Now I´m going to go try to make the most of this last 1/2 hour of daylight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think it's easy to get frustrated about what seem like pretty small things in retrospect- when it's mid-winter and you're in a strange culture- it takes less stress to set you off. At least I know that's how it is for me here. Enjoy your nice day!
I completely understand try to balance everyone's schedule. It can be really tough. And when you're in the mist of trying to juggle everyone it's easy to get worked up about something that seems small the next day. I get worked up over small things all the time. So try not to feel too bad about it :)
Sending my love and missing you too
Post a Comment