My last few days haven´t been terribly eventful. Claudia is in Stockholm, so things are busy, but going about as smoothly as can be expected. Right now I am getting ready to go to Berlin for the weekend to visit Austin McCabe-Juhnke, who is studying abroad for a semester. I am so excited to see a familiar face and explore the city. After procrastinating to buy a train ticket, they skyrocketed to more than 100 euro... so I found a great carpooling website instead. There is a woman leaving Kiel Friday afternoon driving directly to the place I need to be - all for about 15 euro instead! Hooray - problem solved. Her English is not excellent (though much better than my German) so it could either be a very awkward trip or a great challenge for us! Maybe it will push me to actually start practicing my limited Deutsch...
Sorry - I´ll try to give better updates soon. I´m having some writers´ block. Today is my "sleep in" day of the week, so I finished "Snow Falling on the Cedars" last night and started "Philadelphia." They´re due back at the library tomorrow, so I decided to be a couch potato.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think you'll have big fun traveling around with a limited-language partner. My supervisor and I don't speak that much of each other's languages, but we still have a blast (she likes Duke Ellington!). You'll probably wind up speaking a kind of mangled Deutch-English Creole most of the time, and at the end of it we'll have an awesome post to read!
How was your visit with Austin!? What've you been up to now!? NO NEW POST LATELY!!! Your cousin needs her info!!
<3
Post a Comment