I brought my computer´s external hard drive here to Germany, since it has all my music and photos from the last few years - my life, basically. For some reason it isn´t working. We´ve tried several adapters, and so far the best signal we´ve had is a flashing green light. The fan won´t kick in or anything. I am so worried about it! This morning Torsten brought it by to say he called his brother who thinks we can break it open and do some surgery. So scary! I know they know more about what they´re doing than I do, but it still makes me nervous. Anyways, I know it doesn´t sound like a big deal, but please wish my external hard drive a safe recovery! If it doesn´t make it I will be one sad panda. Thankfully most of my photos and music are backed up on my old computer at home, but not everything. That computer is also ancient, and I´m not sure how much I can trust it. We´ll see.
So another weekend is here. I was lame last night and just stayed here at the garden house. Went to bed before 11. But I´m still struggling with this cold, and want to take it easy. I wanted to sleep in so badly this morning, but woke at 8 and couldn´t go back to sleep for the life of me! My windows are so bright in here, and the one that opens to the east is directly by my bed. For once I would have loved another rainy morning, but of course the sun was shining brightly on the day I could have slept in! So it goes.
I´m leaving soon for Kiel to meet a girl Hanna, who is also an au pair learning German. She´s from Finland, and her English is fairly good. She wants to explore the city, as she´s only been here a couple weeks, so I think it will be fun for us. Maybe do a bit of shopping. See if we can find some live music. Who knows?
I think I´ll peace out for now. I need to find some food before catching the train.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry that happened to your external hard drive Kate! I don't know what I'd do if something happened to mine... we kind of sound like nerds now... anyways - all I know about them is they can't be tossed around... not that you were tossing it around, but don't ever jump rope while holding it, or go running with it in your hands... movement like that can horribly harm your hard drive. They like to sit very still...
On another note - I love reading updates on your to-do's! Sounds like you're having fun!
Post a Comment