Saturday, November 22, 2008

it was supposed to snow

We were supposed to get snow yesterday and today, which made me super excited because apparently Bordesholm NEVER gets snow anymore (at least in the last few years). I guess this is still true. Nothing happened except some little ice pellets. Everywhere else in Germany has snow! My friend Anna said they had 14 cm, and it was still falling last night and looked like a winter wonderland. She made a snowman. I want that! Wouldn´t it have been such a fun weekend?? And last night the sky was so clear and beautiful - billions of stars. At least the air has that wintery snow smell. You know? That smell alone cheers me a bit. We have a slight chance for flurries Monday or Tuesday, but I´m not going to cross my fingers. It´s only November, there´s still time. We heard yesterday that the Harz (where we´re going for Christmas) had lots of snow already, and Torsten thinks it is a bad omen. Like they´re getting the perfect Christmas weather now, and when we go in December it will have passed and everything will be brown and ugly. I scolded him, and said that I´m going to stay optimistic. We WILL have a white Christmas!! I know I am a ridiculous little kid, but snow is a very big deal to me!! It is kind of my favorite thing.

No comments: