Tuesday, October 7, 2008

better evening

Just so you aren´t all worrying about me, I thought I´d let you know that things are already looking up. While I was a bit miserable with a stuffy nose and watery eyes (I will be so happy when I stop catching every cold that passes my way) all afternoon, I did have a bit of quality time with the children. I taught them how to make their own books - nothing too impressive, just folding a few pieces of paper together, stapling them, and then writing and illustrating some stories. Mine was about a kangaroo, Paul Luis´ was a detective mystery, and I think Emmi´s was a picture book about going on a family trip to Denmark (wonder what gave her that idea!).

When Claudia and Torsten came home, I had supper ready and they had very positive things to say. They were impressed by how nice it all looked. You know me... I can´t just toss some bread and cheese into a basket - I have to "arrange" them. They also loved my leftover couscous with a meat/carrot cream sauce, which made me happy because the children hated it at noon. Claudia apologized for the stressful morning, and best of all - Torsten fixed my heater! My radiators are sending warm air into my frozen little house, and I am starting to feel my fingers and toes again! My survivor igloo adventure is coming to an end, it seems. Perfect timing, too - since I want to get over this cold before holiday.

Fall Holiday is in only 3 days! I am so excited. I leave on Saturday with the entire Röhl family here to go to Denmark for a long week and weekend. Apparently there is a house at the sea that they rent, and it has a beach, sand dune, private pool, sounds like heaven to me! I´m mostly excited to just relax and spend some "off duty" time with the family and children. I´m also looking forward to getting to know Claudia´s family better - her mother, sister, brother, and their spouses. Hooray for taking holidays - the Europeans really have this part figured out. Everyone is so much more productive if they let themselves take breaks. I could get used to this lifestyle...

Thanks for all your warm wishes!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Aw, you must be feeling better to be talking so Euro-Fabulous! You just crack me up how your language is already changing! Have fun on "holiday"! haha, Love you!