I´ve started painting again. It is strange, to start painting in a new place after spending four years in the same corner of the art lab at Bethel. I need to adjust to the new setting, and figure out what direction I actually want to take. You´d think that after 6 weeks I would be bursting with fresh ideas! Not quite. At least I wasn´t yesterday when I tried to get started. I´ve been in such a bubble lately that it is difficult to know what I want to explore. I´m also using acrylics, since the garden house is so open and I don´t want to breathe oil paint and turpentine fumes in my sleep. So I´m also adjusting to a medium that once was familiar, but I´ve hardly touched in the past few years. We´ll see what happens! Wish me luck. If nothing else, it is good to have something else with which to fill my time, aside from facebook, blogging, reading, writing, and watching German TV.
This has been a very tame and relaxed weekend. There was no work or school in Germany on Friday for the national holiday, so I had that day off. I went shopping in Kiel yesterday to buy a good quality rain jacket, and also ended up buying paints and trekking shoes... too much money for one day. They were necessary investments, but yikes!! No more, Kate, no more! It is Sunday now. I had brunch with the family, and now the rest of the day to fill. I wanted to go biking, but it is cold and rainy again. Bleh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for painting again! <3 that makes me very happy!!
Btw..how's your german coming along!?
Post a Comment